7.1.09

Back from the dead!

Hey, so how about that completely unintentional temporary hiatus, eh? Sorry about that. Lots happened during the months of November and December that took up all my time and left me utterly exhausted. Between the three concerts in one week, the exams, and trying to make Christmas presents for all my loved ones, it was a really busy time of year. Then came the hols, during which I went temporarily brain dead for three weeks and just hung out at home with the fam. But now I'm back, and wishing you an extremely belated happy New Year! Can you believe it's 2009? I'll be graduating from university next year. Yeesh, who allowed that to happen?! What a frightening thought.

So, food. People who know me well will probably have heard me say at some point that I could live off of soup. That if there were only one form of food I could eat for the rest of my life, that food would be soup. Ladies and gentlemen, I am fucking sick of soup. Officially. I don't want to see any more soup for quite some time, thank you very much.

How did this come about, you ask? Well, it was the return of my most hated nemesis that did it. Yes, that's right: tonsillitis. God, do I hate tonsillitis! This is the absolute worst I've ever had it, too. I can't swallow or speak without experiencing excruciating pain. Hence, I have been consuming only liquids. Soup, soup, soup. Smoothie. Soup. Today it's "chicken" noodle (with little alphabet noodles and with all the veggies chopped up super tiny because I can't swallow anything big), yesterday it was garlic soup from LDV, the day before it was miso. I can't stand drinking every meal any more!!

There was a moment today when I swallowed almost normally, though! I drank a huge gulp of freezing cold smoothie and for a few swallows afterwards there were only a few twinges of pain. Yes! So freezing the tonsils works well, it seems. The smoothie was delish, by the way, and a great change from soup. It was really simple, with just a banana, orange juice, and mixed frozen berries, but it was really great! Plus I got the bananas super discounted because they were overripe. A 69 cent bunch of bananas, people!

So, I need my soup groove back in order to make it through this torture. What's your favourite soup? I need inspiration, people!

P.S. Something seems to have gone horribly wrong with my header. What up, Blogger?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, happy holidays, happy new year, and sorry you are sick!
Blogger has a habit of doing weird things, it has a mind of it's own! You get used to it's fickleness, eventually! >:o)
(oh, and my favourite soup is tomato. I'm really no help!)

Girl said...

Anabel! So glad you are back, perhaps I should make a reappearance on gogogirl as well. So sorry to hear about your tonsilitis. This probably isn't much help if you can't swallow, but whenever one of us is sick Nick and I ALWAYS go for pho. Mostly it's beef but they have lovely vegetarian varieties for you vegetable people. Perhaps when you are feeling better you can try some pho to cure your woes...
Much love!