16.11.08

Aww, Baby's first post! Take a picture, honey, quick!

A great man once told me, “Get a pic! Do a blog!” and now, with the blog that you are currently reading (well, I have to assume someone will read this), I am following his sage advice. (The second half, anyway. The first is a bit iffy, since I don't own a camera. I do, however, own a roommate, who owns a camera. Have I weirded you out yet?)

Okay, well, the sage advice wasn't technically directed towards me. Neil Patrick Harris sang those immortal words on Joss Whedon’s incredibly awesome Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog. Details. I took his advice anyway, even though I am a complete technophobe who only started reading blogs at all about a month ago, and am ready to dive into this bizarre tradition that seems to taken over the interwebs. I hope I don’t suck at it.

Things you should know about me: vegan, female, music student, Canadian, currently studying in Montréal, Québec.

This blog, as you may have surmised from the title, is about feeling like a bit of a pioneer of veganism. I feel I have so much in common with women like Catherine Parr Traill: I am surrounded by a vast, unfamiliar wilderness rife with vicious beasts and potentially poisonous food sources (a country girl, stuck in a big city, surrounded by the seemingly hopelessly carnivorous Québecois and Montréal’s vast supply of fast food), I have to get food on the table for my family each night (my two roommates, M2, and my cat Arvo), and I have to find the time, somehow, to work in the garden and care for my crops (a sage plant, two basil plants, a sad little parsley plant, and a chive plant, all of whom live their happy little lives on my windowsills). So, with this blog I hope to share with you, my fellow pioneers, some of the tips and tricks I pick up along the way. Like good old Cat Parr Traill, I aim to record my journey in the wilderness in order to pass on to you, good readers, the recipes, experiences, and wisdom I have gathered like pebbles on my path and stored safely until such time that they were needed.

Or something.

It’ll probably be entertaining, anyway.

5 comments:

Girl said...

Anabel! This is wondrous! I am so glad you started a blog where I can semi-keep track of you. If you have a chance, check out http://theregoesgogogirl.blogspot.com/ which is where I write about my first year at university and other musings on life. It is not vegan, but it is somewhat funny.
I can't wait to read more!
Lots and lots of love,
Lyssie

Anabel said...

Hey Lyss, I actually discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago, and left a comment on your most recent post. :) I'm definitely enjoying reading it; you are as hilarious as ever!
xoxoxo Anabel

Anonymous said...

You are so cute I just wanna eat you up.

- your stalker

KAYLiE said...

you already have comments.
i'm jealous. :P
<3

J said...

Welcome to the blogosphere and thank you for the kind comment on my blog. It sounds like you are going to post about some interesting stuff here - I look forward to reading your thoughts.